Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May where we are preparing for the retirement of some Stampin’ Up! products. Though it may be goodbye to some very loved supplies, it will make room for the much-anticipated new catalog products. We hope you enjoy the Pals’ creative projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Kerry Willard Bray, Peonies and Paper Chains, number 18 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
I recently looked through my stamps to see which ones were on the retired list, and discovered that there actually quite a few. But I have no regrets about the ones I have – because they “spoke” to me in some way when I decided to purchase them, and therefore they have meaning for me. And yes, there will probably be a time when I will have to go through them and weed some of them out, but for now I am glad that I have such a well-rounded collection. That being said, there is nothing like a new Annual Catalog to get the blood flowing and the crafty ideas swirling. There are five gorgeous new In Colors and some really sweet new stamps, punches, and accessories. So while I treasure the stamps I already have, I can’t wait to dig into the richness of Stampin’ Up!s newest offerings.
For my project this month I pulled out an old standby, and one of my personal faves, Pleasant Poppies. What a classic background stamp! For the card below I used just a part of the whole stamp by only inking the flower stems that I wanted to use; because the stems aren’t as close together it’s much easier to ink up just the portion of the image that you want to use. I paired it with a piece of the Back to Black Designer Series Paper, which is also retiring. I was going for something clean and crisp but elegant, and I think I’ve achieved that with this sympathy card. The sentiment is also from a retiring set, the 2014-15 Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp, Flamingo Lingo.
The next stop is Susan Itell at Simple Stampin, number 20 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop! Here is the complete Blog Hop lineup:
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps!
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You ← it’s the circle of life – you are here.
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery
And here are some of the products I used to make my card – now is a great time to pick up some of these wonderful retiring items!